8 Rules for Living Your Best Life
By now we all know, we really do only get one life. Unfortunately, none of us knows just how long this life of ours will last.
These two realities, in our humble opinion, are reason enough to do your damndest to life life to the fullest.
And sure, while so many talk about doing just that, the reality is, very few actually do so. This is the sad reality of the complacency most of society lives with. And unfortunately, it really seems to be getting worse instead of better.
So here is a NEWS FLASH for you...
…what you FUTURE looks like is COMPLETELY, and utterly, up to YOU!
While your current circumstances may very well determine your current choices, you can, at any time, begin to make different decisions, which will, in turn, lead to different destinations.
Now sure there are countless tips and tricks that could be offered in order to live a more exciting and meaningful life, but we kind of like these and wanted to put them front and center for you in hopes that one, if not all, would resonate with you too.
Without further ado, here are 8 rules we think everyone should adopt, immediately, to live their very best life…
- Define Failure Properly - failing, at anything, is not the end, but instead, a new beginning. When you adopt this mindset and define failure accordingly, you might actually find yourself working hard to fail as often, as quickly as possible, and thus, moving on with a greater education and a better chance to succeed.
- Chase What You Want - in other words…TRY UNTIL! It really is true, if you don’t go after what it is you truly want, there is absolutely no chance for you to get it. Please, please, please…do not live your life counting on LUCK! Do something, every single day that moves you at least a little bit closer to your goals and dreams.
- Always Do More Than You Think You Can - no matter what the circumstances or situation, try your very best to move beyond your current limits or perceived expectations. As the saying goes…all real growth comes from beyond your “comfort zone” and you are much more capable and stronger than you likely believe.
- Question Everything - and we do mean everything! Do not question with the intent to be “difficult”, but instead with the desire to understand and therefore, decide for yourself, the validity of whatever you see, feel and hear. After all, you don’t really understand until you can explain! Take NOTHING at face value.
- Appreciate Your Past - and make peace with it being what it eventually was…an education! Mistakes (failure) are bound to happen, now and everyday into your future. The sooner you accept your past and appreciate the lessons, the sooner you break the chains of regret and find future success.
- Take Action - for without it, you stand no chance of the changes you seek. All the thought, all the planning in the world, cannot, will not, get you the results you want…if you never actually start. Remember, even the perfect plan will require adjustment and action overcomes everything…so get a move on. Screw perfection!
- Conquer All Comparison - as nothing will kill happiness quicker. After all, no two stories are exactly the same. Therefore, no two outcomes are really comparable. No one else has lived your life, been through your past or has your history, so comparing your current circumstances to theirs is downright foolish. With this said, if you are unwilling to “work” as hard as others, that is on you, and you alone. But good news…you can change that! If you so choose.
- Live, Learn and Pass On - everything you have been through, every lesson you have learned, can be of benefit to others. Does this mean you need to write a book? Absolutely not. But you most certainly have an education, and information, that can be of benefit to others. Whether this is family, friends, your children, a co-worker, or an absolute stranger..what you’ve been through, what you now know, could very well change someone else’s life so, SHARE! Make a difference in whatever way you can. After all, we just never know what the “butterfly effect” will ultimately lead to right?
As we said, just some rules we really think everyone should adopt.
Our suggestion? Pick one today. Make it a focal point. Write it down, keep it front and center, repeat it to yourself constantly.
Remember, it is not when things are going great that progress is made. It is when the sh*t hits the fan. That is when you will really wish you took some of these, all of these rules to heart.
Now, let’s go…it’s time to start LIVING LIFE…to the FULLEST!
…we would love to hear your thoughts on this, or any other article we write, so please, drop us your comments, ideas, input, and suggestions in the comments below.
And, by all means, if you think anyone in your world might like something we write, use the share buttons below to help us spread the word!
Now, onward! You only have one life to live, one body to live it in...so take care of it. Progress, not perfection. Good, better, best with your food intake and some form of "movement" daily. Get your nutritional foundation from food, supplement where necessary, and drink plenty of water.
And, don’t forget, always consult your physician before making any changes to your diet or exercise regiment.
Live a 3D Life...Decisions Determine Destinations!