Gym Etiquette Made Easy
Have we really fallen so far as to lose complete sight of simple etiquette when it comes to working out, in a gym, with, or around, one another?
Having spent thousands of hours in gyms all over the world over the past 25+ years…it, unfortunately, appears so.
Signage doesn’t work and staff appear way too scared these days to ask people to follow the basic rules. So, we are often left to either police one another or simply accept the status quo imposed on us by the laziest and most selfish who share our gym space.
Let’s be honest..is it too much to ask, when you’re sharing a public space to workout, to clean off your equipment, re-rack your weights, or let others work in when possible!
We don’t think so! And while we know the majority of gym-goers are conscious and polite enough to do their part…every gym has their problem children.
So, for those uneducated, or down-right selfish kids, here you go…
Gym Etiquette…in the Simplest of Terms
- Use a towel and/or clean off the equipment when you finish
- Don’t sit, talk or text where others could be working
- Re-rack your damn weights (in their proper place)
- Share! You have to rest…so let people work in (especially if they have asked how long you will be or if you see them standing and waiting)
- Jump rope ELSEWHERE! No one cares if you think you are the next Rocky…in and around the equipment and weights is NOT the place for you to skip in between sets.
- Keep it down…we don’t need to hear you grunting, groaning or throwing weights down at the end of your set (if you can’t put them down as you picked them, you aren’t impressing a soul)
- Please, please, please…don’t sing! (We know you can’t hear yourself with your AirPods in…but we don’t need to hear you either.)
Seriously, if you can’t do ALL OF THIS…please build your own gym and stay out of ours! The majority would greatly appreciate it!
Just a friendly Public Service Announcement from The Lab!
You only have one life to live, one body to live it in…so take care of it. Progress, not perfection. Good, better, best with your food intake and some form of “movement” daily. Get your nutritional foundation from food, supplement where necessary, and drink plenty of water. We are here to help so feel free to drop us comments or questions as often as you’d like…and always consult your physician before making any changes to your diet or exercise regiment.
Live a 3D life…Decisions Determine Destinations!