Collagen is the most plentiful protein in the body...
Benefits of Collagen
- Improves Skin Elasticity*
- Promotes Heart Health*
- Supports Cartilage & Joints*
- Assists Bone Health*
DID YOU KNOW...Accounting for about 1/3 of the body's protein composition, Collagen is one of the major building blocks for bones, skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. That's not all though. Collagen is also found in the blood vessels, corneas, and teeth. The benefits to skin elasticity are the main reason collagen has become so widely used in women's skincare products over the past few years, but good news, there is much more to it than that.
THE GLUE...Considering just how prevalent it is in the body, it is probably just as important to know just what it does right? In short, Collagen is the "glue" that holds all these important building blocks and parts together. As we age, the body regresses a bit, producing less collagen overall and lower-quality collagen as well.
THE INGREDIENTS...Studies continue to show Collagen's beneficial impacts on increasing muscle mass, aiding in the decline of pain produced by arthritis, and improving skin elasticity. While there are, in fact, 16 different types of collagen, our Collagen Complex has been designed to provide 5 of the main types for supplemental use.
- Type I: accounts for 90% of your body’s collagen and is made of densely packed fibers. It provides structure to skin, bones, tendons, fibrous cartilage, connective tissue, and teeth
- Type II:made of more loosely packed fibers and is found in elastic cartilage, which cushions joints
- Type III: supports the structure of muscles, organs, and arteries
- Type V: aids in the fibrillation of types I and III, as well as, being prominent in the cell surfaces, hair, and placenta
- Type X: supports the formation and health of bones and cartilage
If you are spending time and money to maintain a beautiful, healthy look with solutions such as Eye Cream, Moisturizer, etc, it really only makes sense to do what you can, and should, from the inside too, with things like Collagen Complex and Hair, Nail & Skin. After all, this is where everything truly starts and ends.